Waterproof Silicone Drysuit Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am currently gearing up for this years Lingcod spearfishing season up here in the Pacific Northwest and I wanted to make sure that I have extra seals on hand. I dive a Scubapro Evertech Tri-Lam with the Sitech ORUST user replaceable seal system. In looking at all of the options available I can see online that both LP and DRIS charge $92 for the Waterproof brand Silicone neck seal. Jackson Sports in the UK charges $28. Anyway, I took a chance and went with Jackson and although I was a bit nervous about the international aspect..... and it did take 10 days for the delivery...... I received the two neck seals exactly as promised and they are the authentic real deal. Just wanted to point out my personal experience in case anyone might be nervous about dealing with an international transaction and delivery. Of course your results may vary!

PS.... I actually use Latex wrist seals, keep them well talced and no issues..... but the Silicone neck seal is a MUST for me.

PSPS.... ON the videos that you find online it looks like you can replace seals with the Sitech ORUST in about 5 minutes.....including the removal and replacement of the 12 clips. I just replaced mine today and will say that if you are being meticulous and cautious, it actually takes about 20 minutes......

Cheers!

I have a Seaskin mini boutique in one of my cupboards including stuff they don't catalogue

I found Seaskin had excellent pricing on Sitech silicone spares, compared to shopping locally in Canada. I've now got a whole bunch for my wife and I, and spent considerably less.
I purchased my spare SiTech seals from Seaskin too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom