Waterproof meshtec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not used their Meshtec yet but have used their BodyTec Dual Layer. I find it quite warm using it around 58 degrees F with their D7 cordura drysuit. How cold do you think you will be diving?

I just did some icedives, water temps at 38-39 Degrees F and was very warm with the BodyTec Dual Layer + warmtec 200g.

good morning. I just did my first two dives in a D10 wearing bodytec single layer and Meshtec tops and bottoms. water temp was 39 degrees. first dive was 40 min. and the second was 36 min. I was also wearing the ultima glove system. I stayed nice and toasty warm. the meshtec lets you dive with a slight squeeeze on the suit without compressing the undergarment. it is warmer than dual layer bodytec alone. Great product, you wont be dissapointed.
I used the size of my drysuit for sizing. DIVE SAFE!!!

@oldandpokey
How was your weighting with the meshtec?

Just did a dive with the meshtec with the same config as you,
bodytec+meshtec and Draco(older version of D10) dry-suit.

Normally I dive with a compression layer and the bodytec with which I require 9kgs (20lb).
With the meshtec 12kgs (26lb) barely enabled me to get negative.

I do tend to dive with a slight squeeze and little air in the suit, meshtec adds loads of air in the suit compared to that.
Next dive I'm gonna try 14kgs (31lb).

I have and have used a meshtec top. It provides about the same warmth as a 400 gram wool shirt. I am most comfortable with an extra two pounds of lead when I use the top - as such it has moved to my backup bin.

Back
Top Bottom