Closed Waterproof G1 3mm XL gloves

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a pair of brand new, never dived Waterproof G1 5 Finger 3mm gloves, in size XL.

I ordered them, they are a little too big. The shipping makes it not worth sending them back for a refund.

List price on these is $98.

I will ship them anywhere in the continental US for $60. Or, if you want them with the W7 wetsuit that I listed separately, I'll throw them in the box with the wetsuit for $50.

I'm looking forward to diving my newer pair of these (size L). The entire gauntlet part is smoothskin on the inside. It should lay right on top of the smoothskin wrist seals in the W7 wetsuit (then lay the outer part of the wetsuit sleeve over the glove gauntlet and zip it shut) and make it where literally no water flushes in or out of the hand/wrist/arm.

My shop is an authorized Waterproof dealer. I can provide you a receipt from the shop, if you want it.

Info on the gloves is on the Waterproof website here: G1 3mm and 5mm - Waterproof Diving

Pictures of the actual gloves:

2021-11-19 19.11.03.jpg

2021-11-19 19.11.36.jpg

2021-11-19 19.12.10.jpg

2021-11-19 19.12.31.jpg

One of my friends here got a W7 suit and these same gloves. He dived them over the weekend.

He said with the glove gauntlets zipped and laid over the smoothskin wrist seals, his hands didn't just stay warm during his dives. He said basically his hands stayed dry!

We were diving at the same place, but I didn't use my new gloves. The water was warm enough that I didn't need them and it's much easier for students to see my bare hands than hands in black gloves.

Still plenty of time to get these to someone before Christmas... :)

Got some Christmas money to spend? Want warm hands? These are even warm out of the water! :)

These are still here, new in their box...

I would LOVE them but I am size Large. I bought the 5mil version and they are amazing

I would LOVE them but I am size Large. I bought the 5mil version and they are amazing

Yep! They are SO much easier to put on than the Bare gloves I was using before. That zipper on the gauntlet is really nice.

And they also are a perfect match for the Waterproof W7 suit I'm using now. It has zippers at the end of the arms, with a smoothskin seal underneath. I turn the ends of the sleeves back and put on the gloves. The smoothskin inside the glove gauntlet lays over the smoothskin of the suit sleeve to make a really good seal, then put the suit sleeve over the glove gauntlet and zip it shut to keep everything tidy and sealed. I got the Waterproof B1 boots and they work the same way with the leg seals on the wetsuit.

Overall, it is dang close to being in a semi-dry suit. I wish Waterproof would hurry up and get their optional neck seal in the country. I'd like to add that to my bag. With that and the Waterproof hood overlapping it to seal up around the neck and head area, I think this 5mm suit is going to keep me comfy WELL into what used to be drysuit-only territory for me.

These are still hanging around. If you want them and think the price is too high, make me an offer.

DM sent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom