For Sale Waterproof D1X Hybrid Drysuit - Women's Small - almost new (only 6 dives total)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katalicious

Registered
Reaction score
I bought this drysuit at the beginning of the year, but I didn't realize it was too big for me until after the return window had passed. I now have the XS version of this suit, and I'm selling the S that I originally bought. This suit only has 6 dives on it, 4 of which were in a freshwater quarry and 2 of which were in the ocean. The suit has some dirt on the legs but otherwise looks new.

Comes with the following original pieces (all shown in the attached photos):
  • Waterproof D1X Drysuit with mesh interior lining
  • Waterproof H1 Hood that it came with - XS in size, used on the 6 dives mentioned above
  • Waterproof bag
  • Drysuit hose (never used)
  • Zipper wax (used somewhat)
  • Si Tech neck seal installation tool
  • One extra set of wrist seals and one extra neck seal
  • Original box
  • Sticker
  • Si Tech manuals
Asking for $2400 + shipping. I live in San Francisco and would greatly prefer someone who is local who can pick up instead of shipping, but I am open to discussion.

(Note: The suit has the Si Tech oval wrist rings on it, which is what the suit comes with. However I only dove this suit with a dryglove system, which I just uninstalled prior to taking these photos, and I also reinstalled the original oval rings. I ran the wrists under water to make sure they didn't leak, but you may want to do some additional wrist leak testing on your own to double check that I reinstalled it properly before jumping into a body of water :))

upload_2020-8-27_13-21-23.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-21-35.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-22-0.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-22-18.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-22-24.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-22-34.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-22-50.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-22-55.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-23-1.png

upload_2020-8-27_13-23-8.png

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking and weight just to get an idea on sizing

How tall are you if you don't mind me asking and weight just to get an idea on sizing
Sure of course, I'm 5'3" and I weigh 115 lbs. I've also pasted the Waterproof US sizing chart if it helps (though I'm not sure how accurate this is. The boot sizes are definitely off in this chart since it shows XS being bigger than S):
waterproofwomensstandardsizing.jpg

2800 used?

I sell them for 2499 BRAND NEW! wow
Do you have links for the places selling them for this price? Everywhere I know of online that easily ships around the US sells this suit new for around $3300-$3400.

$3399.95 on Leisurepro: Waterproof D1X Hybrid Drysuit

$3399.95 new on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Mens-D1X-Hybrid-Drysuit/dp/B07P23K1CZ

$3399.95 on DRIS: D1X Hybrid Drysuit

$3299.95 new on Ebay: Waterproof D1X Hybrid Dry Suit - (Male & Female Sizing) | eBay

This is what I thought was standard price in the US, and I paid $3500 for my new suit with warranty, but if I am mistaken I can lower the price. I'm also happy for people to message me their offers as well for consideration.

This is one of those limited examples where it’s cheaper closer to home (Waterproof is Swedish I believe).

For example in the UK:

D1X Hybrid Drysuit

or even a bit less in NL:
Droogpak Waterproof D1X

(this is from a short google, no idea how reliable the webshops are...)

the US prices are what they are what you posted far as I can tell...

This is one of those limited examples where it’s cheaper closer to home (Waterproof is Swedish I believe).

For example in the UK:

D1X Hybrid Drysuit

or even a bit less in NL:
Droogpak Waterproof D1X

(this is from a short google, no idea how reliable the webshops are...)

the US prices are what they are what you posted far as I can tell...

Yeah, I've seen some cheaper prices in Europe, but I'm mostly looking to sell within the US if possible since it makes shipping easier. (Lucky you all in Europe though--I love Waterproof equipment and I wish I could get it for cheaper in the US!) But again, I'm happy to chat with anyone about any offers over DM.

Absolutely I can
I sell them on eBay in the UK for £1899 which translates today to 2523 USD

I can offer them for £1800 if a couple or dive buddies were to buy two, shipped to America with no import fees just 25 USD tracked FedEx postage usually arrives for customers 2-3 days after they place their order.

Sorry not to hijack your thread I'm not trying to make a sale here or ruin your chance of selling yours, just trying to be fair to consumers as 3500 US for one of these seems crazy

The old D1 hybrids regularly go for £400-500 on eBay, I know that because I am cheap and use a second hand D1 myself. It was £400, but I did spend around £160 sending it to Sweden for new authentic waterproof boots as they have a habit of wearing down quickly, supposed to be fixed with the new d1x by using different material on the soles

Sorry not to hijack your thread I'm not trying to make a sale here or ruin your chance of selling yours, just trying to be fair to consumers as 3500 US for one of these seems crazy

The old D1 hybrids regularly go for £400-500 on eBay, I know that because I am cheap and use a second hand D1 myself. It was £400, but I did spend around £160 sending it to Sweden for new authentic waterproof boots as they have a habit of wearing down quickly, supposed to be fixed with the new d1x by using different material on the soles

I know that this suit is cheaper to buy overseas as proven above (looks like it's generally around 1000 USD cheaper when bought overseas), and I know it's possible to get it from abroad from cheaper and just get it shipped into the US, but I'm trying not to lose too much money on this suit for now, since I did pay US prices for the new one. I've lowered the base price to 2400 + shipping for this used suit, shipped or picked up from California. If I can't sell it in a few months then I might be willing to lower it further.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom