Waterproof Crux Semidry 5mm Glove with Zipper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dmckindley

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a good semidry glove for ~45degree water. Any experience with the waterproof Crux semidry glove with zipper? Does it have a seal on the wrist? Any other suggestions without going to a dry glove?

thanks

I use the Crux 5mm gloves, and also use dry gloves. Last winter during dives the WP gloves were all I used. This winter the local water temps ranged from 42-46 degrees. My hands were cold every dive. Bear in mind my gloves are 2+ years old and are pretty worn (hole in one thumb) Waterproof does make a 7mm three fingered mitt that I've heard work pretty good at keeping hands warm. I prefer the 5 fingered gloves.
I am thinking about going back to dry gloves (at least for winter dives), but last winter I was quite happy with the Waterproof gloves.

Cheers,
Scott

I just picked up a pair of XS Scuba's new dry 5 gloves. Have not had a chance to use them yet but they look good. True dry glove construction out of 5mm neoprene with a double wrist seal system. Just sent my dry suit to Superior for a few minor items to get taken care of and heading for Jamaica in April. But I'll be using them 4 days after getting back and will post a full review.

In my opinion there is no such thing as semi dry, there is dry and there is wet. That being said the crux is one of the best if not the best wet gloves I have ever used. This past winter I installed my dry gloves a full month later than normal because I was not yet getting cold in the crux.

this was very interesting. thanks for directing me to the rebreather forum

I just picked up a pair of XS Scuba's new dry 5 gloves. Have not had a chance to use them yet but they look good. True dry glove construction out of 5mm neoprene with a double wrist seal system. Just sent my dry suit to Superior for a few minor items to get taken care of and heading for Jamaica in April. But I'll be using them 4 days after getting back and will post a full review.
JimLap,
I will be very interested in hearing about the XS Scuba dry gloves. these were also gloves that i was looking at. i will wait to buy gloves until i hear your review. i had heard that the XS Scuba dry gloves were very difficult to get on, but were warm. Post post your review when you can. thanks,

I use the Crux 5mm gloves, and also use dry gloves. Last winter during dives the WP gloves were all I used. This winter the local water temps ranged from 42-46 degrees. My hands were cold every dive. Bear in mind my gloves are 2+ years old and are pretty worn (hole in one thumb) Waterproof does make a 7mm three fingered mitt that I've heard work pretty good at keeping hands warm. I prefer the 5 fingered gloves.
I am thinking about going back to dry gloves (at least for winter dives), but last winter I was quite happy with the Waterproof gloves.

Cheers,
Scott
i have never used the 3-finger mitt, but they seem very bulky. i have a pair of 7mm 5 finger and i really loose dexterity. all the 3-finger mitts seem to be 7-mm. any other comments about the 3-finger mitts and dexterity?
thanks,

Back
Top Bottom