Water volume?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stepfen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I'm currently on a LoB in Komodo and I've booked 15lt tanks. As usual here in Indonesia, instead of real steel 15 Lt tanks, I've been given some aluminium cylinders just a bit thicker than the usual S80/11.1lt . They usually have around 13lt internal volume (water volume).
They are marked as
DOT-3AL3300 CC562714 M5659 02Δ20 (something that resembles an "M") XS-C100 TC3ALM228.
Any idea what is their "real" internal capacity i.e. water capacity in Litters?
I need this for SAC calculations in subsurface.
Sorry, I have limited access to the internet and I can't search the relevant tables etc available online from my mobile.
Thanks

They should be AL100 - 13.2 liters in volume.

It's an XS Scuba AL100 with a real-gas capacity of 98.8 cuft (spec at 3300 psi). Water volume is 13.0 L after undoing the compressibility. (Their spec sheet says 13.2L, but this is inconsistent with the 98.8 cuft capacity.)

Thanks a lot for the answers. Back to my (temporal) base now. During the trip I fount my SAC higher than expected, so I wanted to double check my figures.
For 20 dives (including some quite demanding ones) my SAC varied between 14 and 25lt/min, with an average of 16lt/min. It turns out that, even after almost 500 dives, my SAC is what it is and I have to live with it. Real 15lt tanks would have helped having somewhat longer dives, but were not available.

I will be looking on ways to improve my breathing/diving technique but that's for another thread.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom