Water temps - Roatan???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi....
My b/f and I are going to be on the Aggressor March 1-8 and I
believe the water temps are probably in the high 70's to lower 80's... We're just bringing our 3mm suits!!
Hope u have a great time...
Kristie

Lucky you.

Yes, 81 plus/minus a degree.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

I went Jan 25-Feb 1 expecting Cozumel-like temperatures of high 70's to low 80's, so I just took my 1 mil suit with a 3 mil shorty and I FROZE! My BC also has a 2 mil vest and I wear a 3 mil beanie and I still shivered through every one of my 13 dives. My dive computer registered about 77 all week, so if you add that to multiple dives on multiple days, you lose a lot of body heat even if the sun comes out topside! I wished the whole week I was in Roatan that I had packed the Jane half of my Jane/shorty combo. I think the weather has improved slightly since my return to the US, but in my opinion it's better to take a heavier suit and let water in to cool off if you get hot than spend a week shivering!

Spent a week at AKR, just got back yesterday (having MAJOR withdrawls). Anyhow, the water temp from my computer ranged from 77-81 F. As for what to wear, everyone is different. I'm a big guy and wore a 1mm full and was fine but for others this is too cold. Same as wearing a jacket on land in cold weather (not that Roatan was cold), some are freezing others are fine....

JS

Back
Top Bottom