Water temps on West Palm ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove in a 5 mil yesterday with a hood. Water temps were 78-82. It was perfect for me. My buddies, didn't wear wetsuits. They said they were fine.

This is not what I wanted to hear. I didn't want to pack a wet suit for summer diving.
The last dives I did was a month ago, and it was 42 degs in the water. All I could think about was how nice it would be diving
in warm water in Florida in just a swim suit and tee..
This 50 lbs of luggage thing really cramps my dive gear packing.

Thanks, Jim

How is the viz over there? Was thinking about heading over to near commercial pier next weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The viz over the last week or so has been good. Between storms this time of year you can actually find some pretty good diving.

Besides, most Floridians wear jackets when it's 75 degrees out. They are VERY sensitive to anything not 80+. I could probably do the dives without my wetsuit, I just like being covered head to toe.

Besides, most Floridians wear jackets when it's 75 degrees out.

It's not because we NEED to, that's because we CAN without melting to death.
I look forward to the 9 days a year I can get away with wearing a trench, or the two weeks in Leather. :D

A 1-mil or a skin will be more than enough for you. You will really only be wearing something for coverage more than thermal protection anyway

Went this morning and just my lavacore top was fine. Could have went with just tshirt and shorts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom