Water temps on West Palm ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBRES1

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Headed down for vacation on the 19th of July.
What are the temps running these days ?
Should I dive in swim suit and Tee shirt or bring a ahorty ?
Spoke with a few dive boats and they were thinking wet suit would be in order.
Thanks, Jim Breslin

We have had 78-80F over the last few days in Jupiter right now. I still wear a full 3mm wetsuit though.

I showed an 82 degree temp on a dive in lauderdale on wednesday. These days I wait even
a bit longer for the shorty wetsuit when I start seeing 83 or even 84 or when the outside temps
start hitting 92 (kind of average once summer temps start) then I will also go with the shorty if
for no other reason it is cooler topside. On a rare occasion I will go with swim shorts and t-shirt
over in the gulf when temps over there can exceed our water temps in the summer months.

I showed an 82 degree temp on a dive in lauderdale on wednesday. These days I wait even
a bit longer for the shorty wetsuit when I start seeing 83 or even 84 or when the outside temps
start hitting 92 (kind of average once summer temps start) then I will also go with the shorty if
for no other reason it is cooler topside. On a rare occasion I will go with swim shorts and t-shirt
over in the gulf when temps over there can exceed our water temps in the summer months.

How is the viz over there? Was thinking about heading over to near commercial pier next weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

i still wear a 3mil full -- part to stay warmer -- part to avoid stinging stuff in the water
i might do Datura/Hibiscus next weekend myself once mom gets out of the hospital.

I am diving Sunday west palm 60' and only own a lavacore shirt and pants so that is as warm as I get. Hoping to not wear the pants just shorts and lavacore top.

For my cert dive I wore the top and bottom same place a month ago and was plenty comfortable for 2 ~45 minute dives.

I am told the surface temp is 82 right now.

Headed down for vacation on the 19th of July.
What are the temps running these days ?
Should I dive in swim suit and Tee shirt or bring a ahorty ?
Spoke with a few dive boats and they were thinking wet suit would be in order.
Thanks, Jim Breslin

This is not what I wanted to hear. I didn't want to pack a wet suit for summer diving.
The last dives I did was a month ago, and it was 42 degs in the water. All I could think about was how nice it would be diving
in warm water in Florida in just a swim suit and tee..
This 50 lbs of luggage thing really cramps my dive gear packing.

Thanks, Jim

This is not what I wanted to hear. I didn't want to pack a wet suit for summer diving.
The last dives I did was a month ago, and it was 42 degs in the water. All I could think about was how nice it would be diving
in warm water in Florida in just a swim suit and tee..
This 50 lbs of luggage thing really cramps my dive gear packing.

Thanks, Jim

Depends how cold you are comfortable. I plan to go to 60 feet with just a lavacore short and I am life long Floridian that would not go anywhere near 42 degree water.... If we have upwelling then you are going to want something but that is hard to predict.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom