Water Temps and more?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_drum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anybody tell me what the water temps are right now? Any idea what they will be around Feb/March when I get there? Also, what is typical vis around Oahu dive sites? I would imagine it fluctuates depending on weather but thought I'd ask to see what I'm in for.

Another question that I was asked from a couple of friends, which relate to currents. Are there really bad currents and are they seasonal? I realize I'm asking the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything but just wanted some personal experience type answers. Have you ever seen or been in a current that you thought were scary?

Maybe this type of thing should go to a PM to me...

Currents are usually not a problem..... unless you are looking for em AKA drift diving. Water temps in Feb are around the mid 70s. Vis can be 20 to 120 feet depending. Generally Feb and March are great months to dive the south shore sites. Boats are empty, seas are calm and we usually see or hear whales daily...... looking forward to it!

G

Man, as I've said before... I can't get out there fast enough. Got a call from the moving company that is contracted to move us, and shortly followed by a call from a real estate person in Honolulu.... we are about to pop we're so excited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom