water taxi/transportation to lighthouse reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyguypb

Registered
Reaction score
I am traveling to long Caye on the lighthouse reef system in the first week of january 2011, i was wondering what transportation options there are from the mainland out to a caye on the lighthouse reef. There are 8 of us total going out to Long Caye and we have found one private charter but its going to cost us nearly 1200 there and back which in my experience traveling in this area is sort of obscene. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives? Thank you very much for any help.

-Tyler S.

Sounds about right

Lighthouse Reef is 40 or so miles offshore and there is NO regular transport there other than the odd resort that picks guests up.

It is a very remote area and your extremely limited on choices and remember fuel in Belize is in the $5 range per gallon so just the fuel there and back will be at least $600 +

$1200 divided by 8 seems like a reasonable fee for the distance involved price of fuel staff wages boat wear and tear, full day at sea etc etc

best regards

Gaz Cooper

thank you for the help my friend. cheers

I am traveling to long Caye on the lighthouse reef system in the first week of january 2011, i was wondering what transportation options there are from the mainland out to a caye on the lighthouse reef. There are 8 of us total going out to Long Caye and we have found one private charter but its going to cost us nearly 1200 there and back which in my experience traveling in this area is sort of obscene. Does anyone know of any cheaper alternatives? Thank you very much for any help.

-Tyler S.

How much does the resort charge?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom