Wasn't there a Fish I.D. section?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruisegirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
I thought there used to be a fish I.D. section within photography? I even thought I posted in it before? But the memory is the 2nd thing to go...... lol..... I need some assist on this Fish I.D. I went diving off Ventura, California yesterday. And I'm drawing a blank on these couple of fish. The first one was trying to hide. But I found him...
The 2nd one I practicing my "kelp in the sun" shot. But not sure what fish these are in the kelp. Not the regular kelp fish and they are bluish in color..... Thanks.....

P8160310.jpg

P8160334.jpg

Animal ID queries can be submitted to the "Name that Critter" subforum in the Marine Science forum.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to the "Name that Critter" forum

Ah cool...... There still is the Fish I.D. section..... Excellent.... I just forgot where to find it....lol..... So any ideas folks? On these critters?

The top one is Kelp Rock fish, the bottom could be a number of things.

Thanks Mordax.....I was starting to wonder if it was a rock fish versus a kelp bass when I started looking around..... Thanks for confirming it.... The 2nd photo, I figured out are Blacksmith fish..... Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom