Washington DC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you, I'll try hard to convince my buddy to go there as soon as we can.

Thank y'all!

Welcome. I live in Vienna, so just down the road. I would recommend flying down to Ft lauderdale or Miami and driving down to Key Largo. There's great shallow reefs and so much more to see than the local quarries. Actually, I'll be heading down for a long weekend Thursday!

Thank you very much. We are thinking about to fly to Hawaii in October, but... You know, it's itching, so I just want to dive. Thank you very much for the information.
According Millbrook. Can I just show up there without a buddy?
Thanks,,
a

You're not really supposed to dive at millbrook without a buddy. I always drive in alone and say I'm meeting my buddy (which I always am)...I suppose you could technically tell them you are meeting a buddy without actually having one. Although as a new diver it's probably best to not dive alone.

I have no information on Hawaii...but I've heard others say the water is cold. So if your wife has an aversion to cold, Hawaii might not be the best location.

Thank you!

If some of you out there planning to go to dive in the area and interested in an unexperienced buddy (but not a :dork2:), please let me know.

If you are looking for local buddies be sure to add the location in your profile. We in this thread know you're from DC...but if you post in other threads, they won't know.

Welcome!
I am new as well, finished my cert last month and have done a few dives since. Personally, I am not going to any of the resort-type places until I am very comfortable in my gear and really have a handle on what I am doing. A couple more trips to Millbrook will do it. (Yes, Millbrook is cold; 48 degrees at depth last weekend). I have a strict set of goals I want to accomplish before venturing out. The reason is if I am going to spend the money on a trip, I want to focus on the sites and not be worrying about the basic skills. Even if you are comfortable in the pool, going to open water is much, much different. I would finish your certification first. Nova Dive Center is a great place by the way. :)

Welcome to the area. I recommend you visit a couple of dive shops to get a feel for their approach. Also, ask if they know of anyone going out to Millbrook. The shops usually know who is going out. Adventure Scuba in Chantilly is hosting a diving Poker Run this Saturday at Millbrook. It basically is an underwater course to find five poker chips which you turn in for a hand of cards. The winner gets a prize. They also have a cookout and it is a good way to meet local divers. The link to the Poker Run details is : Millbrook Poker Run

Hope to see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom