washing the bladder after dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zimm

Registered
Reaction score
When i used to dive my Dacor Rig BC, I would take off the shoulder dump and lower dump and rinse the inside of the bladder with fresh water, then dry it out. With my new Halcyon wing, should I still put water through it after a saltwater dive?

Absolutely. Anytime you submerge dive stuff in saltwate you need to rinse it in freshwater.

The inside of the wing will get crusty and the salt crystals can cause abrasion damage and clog up your valves.

Hold down the dump button on the power inflator and either press the mouthpiece to your bathtub faucet or a garden hose to fill the bladder with a bit of water. Release the button and slosh the water around inside the bladder for a while. Invert it and press the button to dump it out again. Blow some air into it and let it dry.

Especially if your gear had a chance to dry a little before you wash it. Salt dissolves a lot quicker in warm water than cold.

-Roman.

first rinse your BC inside and out after every dive including fresh water , as lake quarry water ect could have some kind of contaminates ,
method of rinsing is this first drain as much water out as possible
then fill up with water and drain several times perfer with warm water not too hot ,
the4n after your sure you got it rinsed real good take a litle bit like a cap full of mouth wash and poor into the bc this does several things one it freshen the inside , also it might help prevent crystal particles from forming never store your BC 100% dry as this can over extended time cause the bladder to get dryed out and become brittle , these just some suggectiosn and sure going to bring some coments but I have talked with many BC manufactures and every one of them recomend this including the mouth wash !!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I flush my bladder both before and after my dives, in the privacy of my bathroom....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom