Was someone asking about Fiesta Americana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i thought there was a thread that said RIP

I don't know but the picture in the article I'm pretty sure is from their resort in Puerto Vallarta.

It definitely has a new look.....aqua and white, which I'm not very fond of......kinda has a '80s Miami look to it. They are doing a lot of work that is visible to the grounds, main entrance and the beach area. The pier appeared to still be there and new buildings on the beach, including one that is probably going to be fun to try and keep cool in the afternoon with it's west facing wall being all glass. The place is eventually going to look very nice.

That being said, I would not want to be staying there when it reopens on September 15. IMHO there's no way the entire project is complete by then.......unless the contractors work really fast between now and then..........HAHAHAHA!

I did notice some pics on their website I assume they have been taken at FA and not some stock shot Fiesta Americana - Cozumel All Inclusive - Overview

I notice that when I follow their "Activities" link on that site, they only casually mention a scuba school, but not scuba diving other than that. I'm not sure what that indicates. When we stayed there a few years ago, scuba diving was one of the main things mentioned on their web site at the time.

I started the thread "Goodbye Fiesta Americana DIVE RESORT", it's apparent they will no longer be catering to divers. I am pretty sure Dive House will not be going back since they are at Casa del Mar and Sabor. The Explorean site seems to be the old Casitas. The great part about the main hotel was that all the rooms were ocean view. The casitas were kind of "buggy"

Back
Top Bottom