Was never scared of scuba until now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgator357

Registered
Reaction score
I bought an old pacer xl and went to clean and replace the parts that need to be cleaned and replaced. I ran across this LP seal.

20200627_103922.jpg

What are your thought on how this happened? Do you think the person who breathed this is still kicken? I was thinking maybe its the exhaust from one of those floating compressor rigs.

its pouched replace it and dont worry about why its gone

For me it looks like Aluminum oxid from a bad tank which had water inside which dried.
The aluminum 'rust' is aluminum oxid.
I'd like to see the filter in the 1st stage.........

For me it looks like Aluminum oxid from a bad tank which had water inside which dried.
The aluminum 'rust' is aluminum oxid.
I'd like to see the filter in the 1st stage.........
I agree. This is what happens using my very old Luxfer aluminium twin tank (Aralu).
these were made of an alloy which did suffer of galvanic currents, causing anomalous corrosion, oxidation and failures. No one wants to fill them nowadays, after some bad cases caused explosion...

Unfortunately I didn't save the filter on the 1st stage. I did not notice anything wrong though. This is not saying much being the stain is closer to the color of the filter and I am slightly color blind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom