Warmer than Santi BZ400?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hazmat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I get cold. Under my HOG/USIA drysuit, I used to use a Fourth Element SubX salopette/Ozone Jacket, which was pretty good, but switched to the Santi BZ400 because I wanted a simpler one-piece. I still get a little cold. Anything significantly warmer than that? Top choice is to try a Fourth Element Arctic top underneath the Santi. Electric heat is attractive, but really expensive.

Thanks.

I didn't find the Fourth Element Artics to be warm at all. I mean, sure, maybe as a thicker base layer, it'd help, but honestly, if you're cold in the BZ400 (assuming it fits), your best bet is to save up for a heated vest. Expensive, but real additional warmth.

I didn't find the Fourth Element Artics to be warm at all. I mean, sure, maybe as a thicker base layer, it'd help, but honestly, if you're cold in the BZ400 (assuming it fits), your best bet is to save up for a heated vest. Expensive, but real additional warmth.
Yeah, as a base layer for the BZ400 is exactly what I was intending for the Arctic top.

I tried the FE Arctic under my BZ400 some years ago. I felt like the Michelin-man, and mobility got severely limited. I ended up going electric, and is very pleased with that.

I wear a heated vest under my BZ400 in really cold water, makes a big difference but I feel the extra bouyancy. If I didn't have that I would've just worn my Arctic underneath.

Thanks, all. Is the FE Arctic stiff? From pics, it looks like a thicker base layer.

May want to look at FE Arctic Expedition which is supposed have a bit more insulation the the regular Arctics. Or you can look at FE Halo3D.
I just got a Halo but have yet to try it out.

Thanks. I ordered the Arctic top from DRIS and will see how it works. Because of some credit I had there, it's about $100. I can return if if it doesn't feel warm enough.

I'd love electric, but it's really expensive.

Thanks, all. Is the FE Arctic stiff? From pics, it looks like a thicker base layer.
It is, but if you put it under a BZ400 the combination can get stiff. Heating is the way to go imo. I like it very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom