Warm Vs. Cold--the Series Finale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
OK--- A gazillion threads and posts. What's the story? More weight, thick wetsuit or drysuit COLD, nothing much for diving in Aruba. Pardon the language--CRAP-- What's the difference? ****, I just froze my baiis off
diving wet in NS at 24F Air and 40F water temps. Who cares? But, I have dived in the N. Gulf of Mex. in winter, sometimes in a shorty. And in a body suit in Panama.
What does it all mean? Why do we constantly compare Cold vs. Warm on a thread? Why do we think either is more than just LOGICAL thinking?
It's not rocket science to go from one to the other. Nor is it to do a weight check and write it down.
Are we making this into a discussion the last decade or so because we have nothing better to do, like watch TV?

TV is boring! I would rather watch SB for obscure answers to obscure posts. BTW, I have only one wetsuit greater than 3 mil which is a 7 mil+ farmer John with a 7 mil+ beaver tail jacket. I haven't had it on since 1987. I carry a 3 mil shorty with me to Cozumel, but ONLY if I have about 12 dives in 3 days IN MEXICO.

It IS fun to watch posters not know how to do a weight check and dozens of people try to explain it to them, while it should have been something they learned in OW certification.

I LOVE SB!

Cheers -

Yeah, SB is great for passing time. TV though is great too, except the reduction of episodes per year that has occurred the last 20 years.
Yes it's fun to read about weight check questions and what thickness wetsuit is needed for Cozumel in January. Then with the "Warm vs. Cold" there are those who like to pontificate (is that the right word) about where they dive, as if it's better than the other climate. Gotta go, McGyver is on (the new one....).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom