wanting to dive off the island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yukoncherry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i am snowed out of work for at least a week and strange enough what i want to do more then anything is to go diving. i am currently in zeballos but have reasons to head either north to hardy or south to cr, comox or nanaimo. so what i am looking for is advice. i have not done any dry suit diving but have watched to videos and understand the differences. i realize most places require a specialty cert but i am also looking to purcase a suit though that will take too long to get in the water unless it snows for 2 weeks up here. does anyone know of a place offering rental dry suits? does anyone know of any boat charter trips going out in the near future? and is anyone interested in doing some shore dives with me once i get a dry suit rental? i am experienced in warmer waters with about 140 dives and am a dm. i am very keen to get some diving done this month in bc. please get in touch

I would suggest Union Bay Dive Call 335-DIVE(3483) or Toll Free 1-877-883-DIVE(3483) just south of Courtenay.
They are the only ones who rent dry suits.
Sean is a really easy guy to deal with and has lots of suits in stock. they also have dive sites right in front of the shop.
PM me...we will be going out the weekend of the 4th.
Good Luck,

O

Frank Whites in Victoria rents drysuits and will throw in a free drysuit orientation dive with the purchase of a drysuit. Please realise that just watching the videos is worlds apart from actually diving a drysuit. You can play flight simulator but getting behind a real 737 is a bit different. The staff there are very knowledgable and helpful, best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom