want to trade my Diva for transpac or BP and wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cougar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My Diva is in perfect shape and it's a fine BC..but I want some lighter and smaller for travel and more compact for wrecks and caves. Perusing the forums people talk about "hog harnesses" and all sorts of things I've never head of. I live in the mountains many hours away from a dive shop. I was hoping to find a good used set-up. But what is the lightest...easiest set-up for the hardcore traveler and occasional wreck diver? I've looked at the Dive Rite Transpac ..is that as compact as it gets?? What do you guys like for travel??

cougar:
My Diva is in perfect shape and it's a fine BC..but I want some lighter and smaller for travel and more compact for wrecks and caves. Perusing the forums people talk about "hog harnesses" and all sorts of things I've never head of. I live in the mountains many hours away from a dive shop. I was hoping to find a good used set-up. But what is the lightest...easiest set-up for the hardcore traveler and occasional wreck diver? I've looked at the Dive Rite Transpac ..is that as compact as it gets?? What do you guys like for travel??

I love my Transpac. It's a softplate not a hard plate. It has a deluxe harness. Can't go HOG with a Transpac. It breaks down real easy. Take the wing off, roll it up and the whole rig packs nicely.

A bp/w packs nicely too. I guess it's a matter of personal choice. There are a lot of posts here about bp/w's but notice that most are people asking for help about one thing or another.

Something like a Transpac, Zeagle Stiletto (which I also have) and the Diva is with those rigs you just put 'em on and dive. Not a lot of fussing around with them. Well, I did have to cut a few inches off the Transpac waist belt.

Aluminum Plate
Standard harness
34lb Wing
Intergrated weights
Single Cylinder mount kit.

Heres mine
http://uwphotog.com/equipment/rec.html

Does not get any lighter or streamlined than that.

Cheers
Chris

Back
Top Bottom