Want to sell your Scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomboyy

Carnival ride inspector
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Post a Picture of your gear.

Do: try to post an actual picture of the gear your selling... not a web site image. I like to see what I'm buying.. not a picture of what I'm buying looked like new.

Don't: say you'll send pictures to people who are interested. When I go to my local LDS or shop online, they don't describe an item and say if you want to buy it I'll send you a picture

Post a price

Do: post your asking price. I don't go to my LDS or Online dealer looking for a item and get told "wait here .. I'll go get the manager and He'l give you a price" or " E-mail us back at " Your favorite On-line Store" and we'll get back to you""

Don't: get offended when someone offers a low price. Some people make a little extra cash buying and selling. You don't have to accept their offer, if you don't like it, just don't sell it.

Please check your Private messages, not all people will respond to the thread.

Please offer up some information. Most people have a hard time sending money to someone that just joined and have 2 post and no other information.

Scuba Board is a great place to buy gear, just make it a little easier on the buyer and yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's important to reiterate that www.ScubaBoard.com will not act as an arbitrator to handle any dispute. This forum exists as a service to our users and we do not make any money off of any of the sales. If we have a reasonable suspicion that a seller has misrepresented gear, we will immediately remove their rights to post in this section.

On the flip side, if you want to BUY the gear. Demand a photo of it being held by the seller. Ask for close ups as well. I would also want to know their address as well as their phone number and e-mail (verify before you send money).

Ask for the Serial number of the gear.

Pay quickly, as it's not fair to stop someone from selling their gear to others merely because you THINK you might be able to pay for it. You should pay by PayPal and you might have some recourse if there is a problem (please check, I am not promising for them).

If you offer a lower price, it's probably best to do it via PM.

If you feel that you have been ripped off, go back to the original thread and ASK them publicly and nicely for an explanation. If you feel that fraud or misrepresentation has happened, please report the post and give us as much info as you have on them. Again, we refuse to act as an arbitrator, but we can limit their efforts here.

If you feel that we missed some pertinent information, feel free to PM with your ideas. While this thread is closed to others, I can still add and edit.

Sellers should also post the location of the items so buyers can take shipping/pick-up issues into account.

PayPal charges sellers a small fee, but it may be worth it since the funds change hands prior to shipment. PayPal can be used even if buyers don't have a PayPal account and purchases can be made with credit cards or direct bank transfer with a PayPal membership. All transactions are encrypted and secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom