Want to learn to service my own regulators.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackdog017

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi people,

What the title says: I would like to learn to service my own regulatora. In general and specificattly Scubapro MK25/S600/A700.

I'm technically competent with an engineering degree, so I will need the specific knowledge and access to parts/tools.

Do you know of any specific online (or otherwise) training for this.

Thanks in advance for your time.

It looks like you double-posted this thread. Anyway, here's a class.

Regulator Service Technician Training - Unrestricted

I personally learned watching a few videos on the subject for the MK5/MK10 first stage, and the G250 second stage.

I haven't taken apart those specific regulators yet, but in my experience 2nd stages are pretty easy, and require no special tools. Usually, it's just items like an o-ring pick and wrench is good enough. Scuba-pro likes to use an unusual nut, but I just wrap it in cloth (to prevent scratching) and use a wrench. I'd say learning to remove the cover, diaphram, and rinsing it out is a really easy good start.

1st-stages tend to require more specialized tools, or at least a couple correctly sized spanner wrenches. Scubapro Multi-Tool, Aluminum You'll also need a piston-bullet and an assembly-tool for the inner-o-ring like this: Scubapro Mk20/Mk25 Assembly Tool. Compact IP Gauge (PSI and BAR) You'll also want an IP gauge/ I'd say second-stages are twice the level of complication as 1st, probably wont save you money (versus paying to have it serviced), but are very doable. The up-side though is mostly that I can service or re-assemble it at any time. If you want to do it right, some torque-wrenches are also recommended.

Home | Vintage Double Hose Has a lot of manuals. Scroll down, manuals and catalogs, then Scubapro.

Lastly, make sure service-part-kits are available. Scubapro likes to make it more difficult to acquire part-kits. Anyway, there are a bunch of people hwere who know far more about servicing than I do and will likely chime in shortly.

Back
Top Bottom