Want to dive in the UK in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IceBergSlim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello, I will be in London for most of October. I would like to spend some time there underwater. I will be free on various dates. Does anyone have some advice on finding a buddy and site near there? (near as near is)... I will not have a car. Even if I did, I have no interest in learing how to drive on the "wrong side" of the road. :). Train access would be fine. (tanks and lead when I get to the site) I am looking for some simple dives (no deco-130fsw max) that do not require major trainsit. Cold water and low viz are not new to me so please do not worry about that. I often dive in the North Atlantic here in NYC and I imagine that the conditions are about the same in your fine country. Many thanks for any advice you may have! I would like to haul my kit overseas for a good reason!
Peace,
David Gallo NYC
PS. I am a nice guy...No attitude..just wanna explore what waters are avaliable...

I would buddy with you but I haven't got around to UK diving yet.

Post this in the UK wreck ferrets area and you might get a better reply, thats where UK divers would find it.

You may also want to try www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk or www.divernet.com both have buddy forums full of UK peeps

corrected Yorkshire divers link - Jonathan

it here....

Where abouts will you be staying David? There are many clubs in and around London and October is usually a good time for diving.

enjoy
Jonathan

a few of us are going to portland for a weekend if your interested, the 11th & 12th i think, or around those dates

We dive most weekends let us know where in London you are based and when you are leaving the UK and I can let you know what our club is up to ( I have put an email link below).
Unfortunatley though London is a fair distance from any decent diving so a car journey of a couple of hours is a must.
Diversions email link

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom