Want a civilian card and have recent military dive experience?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
SEI policies allow for U.S. Military trained divers to apply for a sport diving certification card through our
agency.
For many years highly trained military divers, after leaving the Armed Services, have found it difficult to buy
air, acquire space on dive boats and otherwise obtain the right and privileges afforded to individuals with
recreational diving certifications. SEI welcomes them to the civilian side of diving.
An administrative fee equal to the cost of processing the individual's card and returning it to them by mail will
be charged. This is the same fee charged to SEI divers who have lost and desire a replacement
certification card.
A military diver desiring a recreational certification card from the SEI must provide a photocopy of a U.S.
Navy or Army Special Forces certificate of training/ U.S. Military dive card, and a check or money order
payable to Å´EI? (Contact the SEI Office for the current fees). The individual must also provide their full
name, date of birth and current address.
SEI views this policy as an administrative service for U.S. Military divers to provide them with the means to
pursue recreational diving without having to duplicate training at significant personal cost through a local
civilian facility.
This decision is in keeping with the SEI tradition of working with the U.S. Armed Services.

Thank you for your service. Also check out my website if a vet and in the Pittsburgh area. I offer half price certs for active duty and vets who wish to learn to scuba.

Go to Welcome to UDM Aquatic Services and email me or call.

Back
Top Bottom