WannaDive Hut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello!

My buddy and I are going back to Bonaire but we haven't determine on which resort we want to stay this time. We are thinking about WannaDive Hut, what do you think of their rooms? Reasonably clean? etc? Are they on first floor only? (I am looking for easy life to put away dive gears, etc) Anything else?

Thanks!

(I am having PBD, so I need to go back to make myself feel better :eyebrow: )

Excellent choice for budget diving, especially if you are travelling single! Wannadive is great, they have rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors, so you will want to request a first floor room. They are also sparse, not much in the rooms but the basics, but hey if you are there to dive and want a clean place to stay, it works. They are close to town and have a little bar on site, we enjoy their rum punch parties! PS...to all who frequent Wannadive, Bart's wife is due ANY DAY now...will keep you updated.

Liz

I've stayed at the Hut and enjoyed it very much. The rooms are simple with A/C, a TV and a fridge. I actually prefered the second floor room to catch the sun rise on the deck with a cup of coffee. My buddy and I are early risers so this was a great way to start each day. There are rooms on ground level, but with the gear locker and rinse tank close to the entrance, hauling it to and from the room isn't neccessary. The room was cleaned every day.
FWI:
Being there for two weeks, we were wondering where and when we would be able to do some laundry. To our surprise, we returned one afternoon to find our once-soiled clothes washed and neatly folded in our room. We never asked about such a service and were never charged for it. That happened several times during our stay. I knew the folks at Wannadive take care of thier guests. I just didn't know how much! The maid was tipped very well after we discovered she was responsible.

You will enjoy the Hut!

Another Snelder on the way?! Time to make a phone call!

It's basic accomodation, but you should have no problem (unless it's raining during your whole trip :()

Ha, speaking of rain, when is Bonaire's rainy season?

btw, I have decided to rent a condo - something different for me.

Rainy season on these three islands are officially Nov-Dec and again in March. But don't worry, very seldom will you get a day where it rains all day. Usually some clouds pass by and a light shower hits. In the late fall, you can get some torrential downpours, but again they don't last long.

Perfect - I will be in Bonaire during mid to late summer! Thanks yall!

Back
Top Bottom