Wanna Dive the Oasis Wall and Starnes Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
With the visibility being so good and the weather looking like it's going to cooperate I'm going out with Lake Travis Scuba the Saturday morning. It looks like we'll be able to dive both Starnes Island and the Oasis Wall which should be awesome with the good vis.

Anyone want to join us? The boat is picking us up at Windy Point Public between 8-8:30. Should be a blast! Last I checked (about 30 min ago) there was still space for 3-4 divers.

If you want to join us either sign up on the Lake Travis Scuba website: Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba -or- drop Robert an email at robert@laketravisscuba.com. Two dives for $40.

Last edited:
I'm in! I'm dropping Robert an Email now... Haven't dove Travis this season yet. Should I bring the dry-suit or dive my 3 mil / hood/ gloves?

-Alex

I'm in! I'm dropping Robert an Email now... Haven't dove Travis this season yet. Should I bring the dry-suit or dive my 3 mil / hood/ gloves?

-Alex

I would suggest going dry for this, just because temps below the thermocline could be a bit chilly. See the chart attached.

Attachments

• ltts_profplot_ppm.gif
    ltts_profplot_ppm.gif
    6 KB · Views: 114
Correction: Two-tank dives are $40.

Maybe k-valve is picking up the difference... :eyebrow:

Wish I was gonna be in the neighborhood!

7mil water temps........

5mm plus hooded vest was fine last weekend...see ya sat am :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom