Wanna be a REEF after you die?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I came across this website a while back. After poking around the site, I sent for their free brochure with video.

Its kinda pricey but, so is getting planted in the ground. If yer REALLY into being "one" with the ocean- I guess its a nice option. Your cremated remains are mixed into a concrete structure that is towed out to sea, sunk- its prescence creates an artificial reef.

It comes with a short video that outlines the proceedure. Hint: provide a bogus Tel # to avoid any calls.

www.eternalreefs.com

Not with all the rough treatment reefs get these days.

I used to work for an outfit that made those.

The casting, loading, and deploying of the reefball is pretty interesting and I got my picture in the paper over it.

I would not worry too much about the treatment of the reefs. It is just ashes mixed with concrete and it is going to be a little rough no matter where your remains go.

I watched the video again..........Hmmmm, something to think about. Its actually kinda cool.

Mybe its time to revise the will?.............

Don Burke:
I used to work for an outfit that made those.

The casting, loading, and deploying of the reefball is pretty interesting and I got my picture in the paper over it.

I would not worry too much about the treatment of the reefs. It is just ashes mixed with concrete and it is going to be a little rough no matter where your remains go.
Cool! Can you offer any more insight? Is this a moderate operation or a small market niche?

I know the Discovery Channel did a spot on it because some of the footage in the video has the marker in the lower right corner of the screen.

I just told my dive buddy I wanted my remains scattered in the ocean....perhaps this will work for me! It's his appointed job, now that is what I call a true buddy.

I've been telling my wife that I wanted to be made into two reef balls and put somewhere people would be able to dive more than fish...more or less I want the pleasure of knowing that diving Colin's reef is in someones log book some where!

Back
Top Bottom