WalMart grants; amounts and turn around time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leam

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm scoping out the grants page at DRI and it looks like WalMart does grants. Cool!

We have a WalMart in our county. Late August there's a DRI-1 class about 5 hours away. So I'm wondering if there's a chance our volunteer FD team could apply for a grant to attend training. Anyone have any experience with WalMart grants; how much the normally look at and what's the turn-around time?

Thanks!

Leam

Leam,

The turn around time can be short but it is prudent to make your request as early as possible. Understand that WalMart may receive a request that is more urgent than your agency's and grant that one first. Your request may be the best one the following month. So the bottom line is don't wait. Submit the paper work ASAP.

Good luck!

Blades

You may want to also try the VFW, American Legions and other civic organazations for donations if you havent already.

To teams successfully receiving Walmart Grants:
A. What response was entered to the question " how will funds from this grant be utilized in
your community?"

B. What response was entered to the question " what service does your organization provide
to the community?"

If it's a game, I want to play it right. We had no funds last year and will have none for fiscal 2011.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom