Wall diving at Andros Island Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
On the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
My dive buddy and I want to try the wall diving at Andros Island Bahamas. Can anyone recommend a good charter boat and hotel? We will be flying in on my buddies plane so we are just interested in charter boats and accomodations.

Also, does anyone have any advice as to what part of Andros (North, South or central) for the best wall diving?

Thanks in advance!
-Chris

charris400:
My dive buddy and I want to try the wall diving at Andros Island Bahamas. Can anyone recommend a good charter boat and hotel? We will be flying in on my buddies plane so we are just interested in charter boats and accomodations.

Also, does anyone have any advice as to what part of Andros (North, South or central) for the best wall diving?

Thanks in advance!
-Chris

Some years ago, I made several trips to Andros in my own boat. I spent several weeks each time diving the east side of the island, which borders on the west side of Tongue-of-the-Ocean. The diving was great all along the Tongue, which is a very deep trench. The only dive op at that time was Small Hope Bay Lodge, which was located on--you guessed it. You could google them as a starting point.

These are the four listed on the Bahamas Diving Association website. I've recently read in another post that Coral Caverns may be having some problems but I've not confirmed this.

Coral Caverns Dive Resort info@coralcavernsresort.com
www.coralcavernsresort.com 800-327-8150
Seascape Inn relax@seascapeinn.com
www.seascapeinn.com 242-369-0342
Small Hope Bay Lodge shbinfo@SmallHope.com
www.smallhope.com 800-223-6961
Tiamo Resorts info@tiamoresort.com
www.tiamoresorts.com 954-242-8171

http://www.bahamasdiving.com/ for more info.

Hi Chris,
I have been diving South Andros since 1993 it is in my opinion the best diving anywhere. It has shallow and deep reef, a wall that goes to 6000ft, and more Blue holes than anywhere on Earth. Give Jesse a call he is running an operation in the house we have rented over the years. He is a great guy and enthusiastic diver and has found lots of new spots in the last few years. You will not be dissapointed. You can fly into Congotown airport (TZN) and the house is a short ride away. E-mail me for any questions. Meade

http://www.androsbeachclub.com/

Coral caverns is alive and well and open for business. We just had to wait for all the government approvals. Come see us and dive some unspoiled sites that are simply awesome!

coralcavernsresort.com

charris400:
Small Hope Bay Lodge sounds like a nice operation. From what I have gathered from people that I have spoken to it seems like is also the only show in town. Anyone know of any other operations out of Andros?
Thanks

I haven't been to SHBL for several years (I'm going again in a few weeks), but it wasn't a place that would take you anywhere you wanted to dive - they tended to rather conservative, supervised diving - not surprising in view of their clientele.

However, if you can find a boat to take you to where you want to dive, SHBL is a very nice place to stay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom