Walking the dog...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Edmonston

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi guys,

I am in the process of making 4 leashes for our team stages, and I am wondering if there is a correct / average / standard length from Bolt snap to Bolt snap. Be nice to know before I start cutting webbing :eyebrow:

Thanks

Cheers :D

Mike

Are you talking about a stage leash or stage rigging? A stage leash only has one bolt snap. The leash should be long enough that you can toss tanks attached to it over the back of your leg.

Good info about stage rigging can be found here.

Soggy:
The leash should be long enough that you can toss tanks attached to it over the back of your leg.

Correct, I was just wondering if there was an accepted length or do I just rough measure and wing it.

Mike

Mike Edmonston:
Correct, I was just wondering if there was an accepted length or do I just rough measure and wing it.

Mike

You need multiple lengths of leashes and double enders to make everything ride properly depending on the use. You don't just clip four bottles to a leash and drag them. For instance, if carrying 3 stages, the third stage just goes on a double ender. The fourth stage would go on a short double ender and a leash, fifth could be a double ender off of the leash, etc. You are trying to make them all trail out under power. For deco stuff with al 40s, it is easier. A relatively short leash is all you need. Just clip 1-2 bottles to it and you are done.

RTodd:
You need multiple lengths of leashes and double enders to make everything ride properly depending on the use. You don't just clip four bottles to a leash and drag them. For instance, if carrying 3 stages, the third stage just goes on a double ender. The fourth stage would go on a short double ender and a leash, fifth could be a double ender off of the leash, etc. You are trying to make them all trail out under power. For deco stuff with al 40s, it is easier. A relatively short leash is all you need. Just clip 1-2 bottles to it and you are done.

Thanks for the tips guys

Cheers :D

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom