Walea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Engin,

I don't know much about it but they did have a booth at the Asia Dive Expo in Bangkok earlier this year and I picked up some promotional material they were handing out including a nice little DVD about the resort. I just happen to have the DVD sitting on my desk. Italian own/ run I believe. Promotes itself as very eco friendly resort and the area has been designated as a marine park. I believe it's in the Togian Islands on Sulawesi and looks like a lot of travel involved to get there. Resort is small with only 10-11 rooms. Looking at the video, it looks like a nice place to get away from it all. The promo video is pretty slick and the waters around the resort look amazingly clear, healthy hard and soft coral. Massive man-size sponges, sea fans, and whip corals. Food looks good on the video too! homemade pasta! Large barracudas, various pygmy seahorses including what they claim is a new specie, frogfish, and ghost pipefish. If it didn't involve so much traveling, I'd love to check it out. Compared to their promo video, their website doesn't do the place justice.

Their website is www.walea.com

edit: now that you got my interest peaked again on this place, I did a quick search over in Wetpixel.com. Not much written on Walea but someone who went there posted a series of photos. Wetpixel search results on Walea

Again, I've never been there and I have no affiliation to this resort.

Back
Top Bottom