Wakatobi Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Qbrew

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello. My wife and I will be making our first trip to Indonesia in a few months and would love comments from recent guests. I am an AOW diver and she an avid snorkeler. I was curious as to a typical dive and snorkel day is like at the resort? Generally on a "dive vacation", I dive two tanks in the morning then spend the afternoon snorkeling with my wife. Is the "light diving" package a typical two tank boat dive? What's the advantages of the unlimited vs light snorkeling vs on our own snorkeling? I usually take a day off from diving mid-vacation so we can snorkel all day, should we book unlimited snorkeling on my off day?

Thanks in advance!

You should email the Bali office, we did with all sorts of questions before our first trip and will again in a few months
When we were there in 2017 they did 3 boats out a day, something like 9, 11, 2. The sites are just 15 min or so away. Some boats don't come back and stay out eg 9-1. This is for more distant sites. You get assigned a rotation of boats and sites daily.

My wife and I just returned from Wakatobi and it was great, (the boats, dive guides, and staff are superb!). The boats go out at 7:30 for the first dive, if it's not low tide you can board from the jetty, low tide they shuttle you out to the dive boats. Usually we came back to the resort between dives, except on Monday when guests are leaving and arriving. The second dive went out about 9:30, and the afternoon boat left at 2:30.
The current on the house reef can be quite strong at times, but an excellent dive.
The unlimited dive package you can do three boat dives plus the house reef. I would assume that would be the same with the snorkeling.
Have a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom