Waiting on the GoPro4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a massive shortage of Hero 3+ Cameras in the UK too. We've been out of stock for weeks and can't replenish.

I've seen plenty of Black edition Hero 3+ in the last several days. My LDS has at least 5 in stock that I saw at the shop today when I was there for my dive.

I agree, but with the following info, skip it.....buy the Hero 3+ instead....

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 06:18 PM ----------

One thing to remember with the new GoPro 4 (or any other 4k camera) is that one; you'll need a different TV to view it in 4k, 2) you'll need a fairly powerful computer to edit and store these huge files...

Jack won't toot his own horn here, so I will! He is quite right about needing another TV....and he has his store URL posted by his signature...call him....he can give you the scoop! (Jack, I hope you don't get flooded with calls, however you have been the King of underwater photography! ((Sales and service!)) )

---------- Post added August 21st, 2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

Or they will come out with the Hero 3++ and push the 4 back another year.

Yes, ahem....again..... But I'm sticking with my 3+.....I don't need to "upgrade" unless it's such a profound difference in optics that it has a reflexive lens to allow macro photography/video without an adapter lens......(wink-wink)

This article explains the 4k technology

http://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-4k-uhd-next-generation-resolution-explained/

Last edited:
If the Hero4 does little more than add 4K/30, it obviously won't be worthwhile to upgrade for the majority of users. And I really doubt there is room for significant improvements in the optics based on the improvements they did with the 3+. The real value of the 4 will come from improvements in user control. If they have added aperture and shutter speed controls, the 3 series will rapidly fade into history. If they haven't, GoPro will. 4k/30 alone is no reason to upgrade.

Bigger capasity of battery is much appreciated...

sent from mobile unit

If only they could make the camera itself water resistant! Then if the housing leaked, the camera would have a good chance of surviving.

Bigger capasity of battery is much appreciated...

sent from mobile unit

That would be a significant improvement! But what would I do then with my wall charger, car charger and spare batteries??? I doubt that one feature would capture the attention of new and existing GoPro users... but we all have a list of "wants."

Last edited:
If only they could make the camera itself water resistant! Then if the housing leaked, the camera would have a good chance of surviving.

Then they wouldn't sell as many then, we keep ruining ours and have to buy more lol

You might be able to get it coated by liquipel or some similar company (nanostate, p2i, neverwet) to achieve that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom