Waist buckle is not flush when diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABLAB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
New diver (35 dives all in the last year). I very recently bought a Cressi Patrol back inflate. I enjoyed a weekend of diving with it and it's very travel friendly. My issue is that the waist buckle doesn't stay flush with my stomach when underwater even at its tightest adjustment, and it rides up on the surface. It doesn't have a cummerbund. I currently have a Med. I tried a SM at a shop and have a feeling the same issue may persist. I didn't seem to have any trim or stability issues with it underwater but do feel the looseness.

This is my my 1st back inflate and 1st time using a bcd w/o a cummerbund. Is a loose waist strap a feature of this type of bcd or is this one just not a good fit for me? Fyi, 5'9, 170, 39-40 chest, 33-34 waist, and fit but with a bit of a protruding belly.

Also, all my dives have been in relatively calm conditions in the Caribbean and am now looking into blue dives/ocean diving presumably with more tides, waves, and currents. And, wandering if those types of conditions will make for uncomfortable diving with this bcd.

Appreciate any suggestions or tips.

Thanks.

Yeah. Just started looking into that and how to attach one to this bcd.

Back
Top Bottom