W1 Men's 7mm wetsuit discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbagump

Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking for a dive shop for the past few days that carries the W1 7mm wetsuit. Unfortunately no matter where I went, or website I ordered from, they all told me (except one) the same thing: the Waterproof W1 Men's 7mm wetsuit is discontinued to be replaced with the W2 7mm. This is only true for the 7mm; the 5mm is still available. Of course it didn't say that on any of the online stores product page.

Each time I found the W! 7mm on a different website I checked out and then received a telephone call or an email later telling me it was discontinued. I repeated the checkout process 4 times for the w1 on different websites and received the same notice. Except, though, the last online store (diveprodivegear.com) I went through checkout with a W1 7mm told me they were out of stock BUT they ordered some more for me. Now I'm confused. If it were really discontinued how could they have ordered more?

I called TUSA and the first person I talked to said that she wasn't sure and that her records said nothing of a discontinuing. The second rep told me that they were in fact discontinued and no longer in stock. Why would this not be mentioned on the waterproof website store itself? Why would they be discontinued? I was told that the W2 isn't necessarily better than the W1 and the only difference being where the zipper is located. Why would the W1 be discontinued?

Hello,
we are the Canadian Distributer and we stock the W1 7mm in several sizes for Men. We also have no knowledge of that suit being discontinued.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by pm.

I just ordered one from Tusa and got it, so if it's discontinued that's a surprise.

HI-
We have discontinued the W1 7mm Male and have limited stock of W1 7mm Female on closeout. W1 5mm both styles are limited stock, but current.

Bubbagump - I also have a Large W1 7mm in stock. If this is the size you need, contact me. We are not that far from you.

Bubbagump - I also have a Large W1 7mm in stock. If this is the size you need, contact me. We are not that far from you.

Thank you but I'm looking for a small. Or WAS looking for a small. I just gave up and settled for a W2 7mm backzip.

Considering it's now November 2019 and Waterproof still has the W1 5 and 7mm wetsuit available. I'm going to have to call the Waterproof USA representative an outright liar. Apparently the wetsuit is still available almost 8 years after their claim that it was discontinued! So by very definition. It was a lie.

The W1 is NOT discontinued!

Back
Top Bottom