Vytec no longer retaining dives in memory!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJdiver85

Contributor
Reaction score
I did two dives in one day using my Vytec. That night, when I went to download the data to my computer, there was no data to download, and the logbook was empty. It seems that the computer is no longer retaining any dives in memory. Anyone have an idea what is going on? I'm starting to think this computer is unsafe to dive. Computer is about 10 years old so not in warranty.

NJdiver,

Unless your time and date settings are off and the computer isn't storing the dives correctly, then there very well be a malfunction. I could not properly diagnose the issue without seeing the computer. If you could please follow the link to the authorized service center locator in order to send your computer in for evaluation. Suunto Dealer Locator

Unfortunately, if this is a malfunction that is not correctable there will not be anything that can be done based on the age of the computer. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Thanks, Chris. Time and date settings are correct, but I believe when I took it diving a few weeks ago, the date was incorrect. Ever since that dive, it has not stored the dives even though I have fixed the date and then went diving again on a separate day. I did try running the "unauthorized" Suunto eraser program to try and reset the computer to factory settings, but this did not fix the problem of not retaining dives in memory.

Is there a charge for Suunto to evaluate the computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom