Question Vyper Air with transmitter losing changing connection id

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nickorossa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi
I have a Vyper with air integration. The transmitter seems to change its id frequently meaning that the vyper needs to be repaired with the transmitter. Is this normal? It seems to be every time the transmitter goes to sleep/turns off, when it is woken up it has a new id.

I changed batteries in both transmitter and vyper thinking that may be the cause, but it still does it.

Its not a big deal to pair the vyper and transmitter, but it is quite annoying.

Thanks.

Nick.

No, it isn't normal to need to pair it every time. When I was using a Vyper Novo, it would occasionally lose pairing but not often.

Sometimes, I would need to try different channels to get them paired, but once I did, it would normally stay paired.

Thanks for the reply. There is a gauge on the reg set as well, so it it loses connection mid dive its more an annoyance that a major issue. Just nice to have the pressure recorded for the dive logs.

Nick.

From the manual, it seems that dropping the pressure to below 10 bar then increasing it above 15 bar within 10 - 12 seconds will change the transmission channel. Are you doing this at some point?

Hi
The transmitter is actually on my daughters setup, and I have noticed a couple of times that when she's purged the regs for taking off the cylinder, detaching the 1st stage, still has a very small amount of pressure in it. However they wouldn't be repressurised with 10 to 12 seconds. I wonder if its maybe related though.

I will keep an eye on it with her to see if we can detect a pattern. Sometimes she may get 2 dives without the id changing.

Thanks.
Nick.

Back
Top Bottom