VULCANIUM: The Secret Of Captain Nemo And The Nautilus - new book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D_B

Kimber/TekDiveGirl storyteller and memory keeper
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
1172640_475739532522865_210259567_o.jpg

THE NAUTILUS "Riding low in the water and bristling with iron barbs, the Nautilus was a menace to navigation: in a collision with her, a wooden ship would suffer grievous damage. Certainly, the conservative observer would condemn the submarine as an infernal machine the civilized world could never tolerate in rebel hands. But if the Nautilus was built to stand down for no one, she was only as hard and unforgiving as the World had been to the men who built her."
"Jules Verne gave us 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea but never really explained who Captain Nemo and the Crew of the Nautilus were; let alone how or why they built the World's most advanced submarine and used it to wage war against some hated (yet undefined) nation. VULCANIUM (The Secret of Captain Nemo and the Nautilus) is the story of who they were; how and why they did what they did; and what adventures led up to that fateful encounter with the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln. The intent is to entertain and (hopefully) educate; so as to enhance the reader's enjoyment of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by adding dimension to the characters, events, and technologies portrayed therein."

A book by Pat Regan

296258_444859858944166_1356044512_n.jpg

Pat is a quite interesting person , he has restored to diving condition one of the original Disney Nautilus helmets, has made the only divable reproductions of the Nautilus dive gear , and can be said to be the only current Nautilus crew member in that he has built and tested a 2.5 ton replica sub :cool:

1013758_459613184135500_613041879_n.jpg
Pat Regan & Ty Alley in League Gear

"This is Ty Alley, owner of the Aquala Sports Manufacturing Company diving the Nemosuit in Kahopo, Hawaii, September 2007.
Aquala is successor to Bel Aqua: maker of the rubber suits Disney used in '54.
Back around 1999-2000, Ty said if I ever wanted to make the diving apparatus, he'd make the drysuits. So we did. That's how manned, functional replicas of the Disney 20,000 Leagues diving apparatus came about." Pat Regan

65923_460152930748192_1859707654_n.jpg

Dive locker on board the Nautilus ?
... no, some of Pats divable reproductions

You can order your book from Amazon ....
VULCANIUM: (The Secret of Captain Nemo and the Nautilus): Pat Regan: 9781478700005: Amazon.com: Books

Due to a not so great agreement with his publisher, Pat has bought and will sign some of his books .. let him know in the link if you are interested ... I'm thinking they will in demand, and coveted ... especially after the next book is out

LIMITED COLLECTIBLE OFFER

Due to my publisher's unexpected insistance on using the most expensive shipping methods available to Hawaii, I can't import and sell my own book.

Nonetheless, I have people I want to gift, and others have asked for signed copies.

All I can do is a limited collectible signing of 100 copies. I ordered some retail from Barnes and Noble and they should be here next Tuesday according to UPS tracking.

I am starting a list of people who are interested in this collectible. If you want one, please follow the link below to the CHALKBOARD III page at VulcaniaSubmarine.Com. I'll contact you when the books are in my hands to arrange payment and shipping.

For the price, you get one book, signed and numbered between 1 through 100, a COA from the author, and free USPS PM Shipping anywhere in the 50 United States. (Elsewhere? I'll see what we can figure out.)

If you're interested, follow the link and send me an email with your name and shipping address, and a short statement asking to be placed on the list. I'll get back to you when the books are here; scheduled for next week.

Thanks for your interest, and Keep On Leaguin' !!

VBR,

Pat Regan
VULCANIA SUBMARINE
Hawaii

>>>> LINK to let him know you're interested in getting one >>>> THE CHALKBOARD

The final layout is 6.14 X 9.21 inches; hardcover with color dust jacket; 382 pages of text; one illustration, plus the jacket images. Where I had a say in the printing process (paper quality, binding, etc.) I chose the best they had, so I’m expecting a nice book.

PUBLISHER’S REVIEW

This came in from a lady on my publisher's production team:

"I want to give you my overall impression of your work: You have a terrific writing style. I can tell that you have done much planning and preparation in crafting your work – especially the way you have thought out the characters and movement that happens in the story. This is not an easy feat. Your prose is very nicely written with details that capture the reader. Right from the start your plot was very engaging and I found myself really connected with what was going on. It is easy to have too much going on too soon – not in your case. Your plot is slow and methodical and you use your dialogue to move the plot along. With that being said, you really do a nice job of slowly making your way through the story with details and a certain voice (yours as the author) that allows your reader to really interact with the characters (who are all round and very nicely developed). Your characters are lifelike and I love it when I leave a story feeling like I know them. You have a realistic plot and to me that makes for an enjoyable story. You have crafted a quality piece of writing. Bravo!"

Attachments

• 1376416_511031128993705_1318589348_n.jpg
    1376416_511031128993705_1318589348_n.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Limited Edition ...

1402117_512574505506034_1686300895_o.jpg

Pat Regan: "This is an example of how the COA's accompanying the collectible books are scheduled to look. (Of course, the actual documents won't say EXAMPLE on them, and will be signed and dated by myself.)

Think how wonderful this will look in a frame on your wall. And talk about value! Why, with one of these and ten dollars you could get a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

We'll be able to start shipping some next week but since it's Halloween and we'll be busy, we probably won't start shipping until the first week of November. "

Pat is busy turning the book into a manuscript for a Disney movie (which isn't all that hard given that it was his original intent)

better get the book before the movie comes out ehh? :wink:

It seems to have inspired many ... Robert Ballard's interest in the ocean was sparked by it as well (Dr Ballard is who discovered the proof of plate tectonics , the life forms of the thermal oasis Mid Atlantic Ridge , the final resting places of the Titanic, Bismark, and others)

Looky what just came in the mail!
book #35 of 100 ... review following :)

10383535_1033591569990409_2412963270065379258_n.jpg

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2015 at 02:17 AM ----------

and this also, an article in Underwater Magazine about Pat and his fully functioning reproduction 20,000 League dive gear

10676288_1033592066657026_1021071009473376011_n.jpg

Wow, Don Beary! I guess I don't get out much; I just now found out this thread of yours existed. Many thanks for your support; glad you enjoyed the voyage.

It's still available at Amazon; I just don't advertise it online anywhere but at VSC now.

Cheers!

Reactions: D_B
Ha! 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was one of the catalysts that spurred my interest in diving!
Yep! Inspired everyone back then. The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Disney's 20,000 Leagues had me modifying surplus gas masks for skin-diving use before I was seven years old. Still doing stuff like that. Never got over it, I guess. :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom