Vt3 side mount setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seedy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am trying to figure out if the vt3 can handle this scenario..... Two tanks, two transmitters set to self, one vt3 computer, and frequent switching back and forth as typically with side mount , maybe 50 bar at a time . Does the computer read both both transmitters all the time? Or do you need to switch tmt use each time you swap regs. My Lds told me you couldn't switch back again once you had changed it....not sure about that one. Short of testing underwater it is difficult to know. The manual isn't very clear , scenario two would be the vt3 reading one transmitter only, dive the second tank with an spg. How does the vt3 treat a situation when you are not breathing air from the tank with the transmitter, hope I am making some sense with this. Thanks for any suggestions.

You will need to put the codes/serial no#.s of each tmt in your VT3...One as primary [self] and the other as 'buddy' and switch back/forth on the computer [read manual] as if the second tank was a 'buddy'.....I have two Oceanics, an Atom2 and a VT3...Each w/it's own tmtr...Sometimes when I dive doubles I put a tmtr on each tank and set each one [computer] up as if one tank was the primary and the other was a 'buddy'....It acts like a 'quad' redundancy system...Some people have said that the close proximity of the two tmtrs causes interference but I haven't had that problem.....As far as I know you cannot put two tmtrs in one computer as 'Self'....One has to be 'self' the other as 'buddy' and you have to switch back and forth on the computer [self to buddy] for your psi/bar readings....Hope this helped

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom