vt3 problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajim311

Registered
Reaction score
Just bought a vt3 and i love it. I'm still getting used to its features i made a few dive with it already and decided to do a night dive. The backlight feature was working for the first few times i pushed it then it would not work anymore, is this a battery save feature or something? my wife computer was doin the same thing. The backlight works normal now. Thanks, james

I have a VT3 as well and it does have a couple of features that could explain this (check out p. 14 of the manual).

The computer only illuminates the backlight if the ambient light is low. So for example if you are shining a bright dive light right on the computer when you press the button, nothing will happen but if you do it in the dark it should work.

In addition there is a user settable time delay setting for how long the backlight will stay on after you release the button. You can set the light to stay on for 0, 5 or 10 seconds.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the advice, it may have been from our dive lights i didn't think about that. As for the battery it tests good right now. Is it possible it was an intermittent battery problem maybe the battery is borderline and me messing with the backlight drained a bit too much?

Unfortunatly your profile is empty,so can't tell where you are.
But when diving in cold water the battery power will drop aswell,therefore the backlight will not work when the battery is "just"fine.

thanks for the advice, it may have been from our dive lights i didn't think about that. As for the battery it tests good right now. Is it possible it was an intermittent battery problem maybe the battery is borderline and me messing with the backlight drained a bit too much?

I'd change it out and have an extra with you.

thanks i will do that. I am in cali and we were in monterey when it happened so you may be right about the cold water. Thanks so much for the help

Back
Top Bottom