VT3 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tzeilstra

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have had an Oceanic VT3 for about a month now and seem to be having some major issues with it. When I first got it and turned it on, it locked up with jibberish on the screen shortly afterward. I called customer service and they had me send it in and they would fix free of charge as it is still under warrantee. Well, I did that, got it back within a reasonable amount of time, and used the computer for 5 dives. This morning, it wouldn't turn on at first (then finally did) and switched on and off intermittently. After the dive, it shut off for good and now has the same jibberish on the screen that it did before I sent it to Oceanic.

Has anybody else had this issue? Would love to hear from other divers or Oceanic Reps who may read this.

Tim

It sounds like it might be a battery issue. Oceanic computers do odd things when the batteries go.

Hmmm, I guess that is a possibility! Just kind of weird that the battery would die on a brand new computer, but stranger things have happened...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom