VT3 Dive Computer programming very difficult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NickAyling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have just purchased the VT3, while i am reading this extremely long winded document on how to use it. Can you tell me what i have to programme to go diving and which sequence i use. If i sit before going out to programme either for air or nitrox what is the sequence to get to put in the required %? Once i have completed my first dive i get out of the water how do i look at what i have just done to refer back to complete my PADI file and then from there start again for the next dive?
I was wondering if you are able to help me as i am finding the reading material very hard to follow.
I realise that it will automatically when i have gone down 3 feet enter the wet mode and start to work and i will be able to follow it quite easily.
Its just i wanted to be sure before i go on that i am entering the air/nitrox in the correct place.
Also when i have done my dive what i have to press to look into my dive and then take information off to fill out my dive log.
Then what do i do to reset for my next dive of air/Nitrox..
Any help would be most appreciated.

You're absolutely right, the manual is really difficult. Unfortunately answering all your questions would require to re-write the whole thing, wouldn't it?

I guess you have to learn it the hard way: RTFM. You have to work your way through the manual to solve this riddle. After a while it feels quite easy and logical, believe it or not! Keep studying and try the steps physically on the VT3 along with looking at the pictures...

From what I have seen, most computer manuals are a bit, well, technical. They have to be, I guess because of the purpose of a dive computer and risks associated with using it improperly. But if you go through it with the computer in front of you and don't rush it, it isn't that bad. I have an Aeris equivalent of the VT3 and only rarely use the manual after becoming familiar with it.

Part of the problem is that a few buttons have to access so many functions, so you have to learn the button sequences, but once you have those down, it is just repetitive actions to get into and change different settings.

Give it a bit of time and it will become much easier.

It's a bad manual but if you start at page 75 of your manual then go back to the beginning it will make more since, and what you are looking for is on page 28.

Just keep farting around with it. All of a sudden, 'BANG' you'll get it all.

I have the Aeris version Elite T3 (same computer). There is no need to copy to a log book it can be downloaded to a pc and print all info.As far as o2 goes if you dive nitrox make sure the default setting is turned off. If not your repetative dives will go to 50% and screw up your bottom time and po2 alarm will flash.To set 02 press and hold the lower right button and the side button at the same time for 2 seconds . It will flash set F then press the lower right button untill 02 setting you are diving with. The best thing you can do is play with it at home before diving. If you want to see your log after a dive press the lower right button untill you see log.Then press the side button to view all dives stored (computer stores 25).This computer does more than i need it to but love the hoseless pressure gauge. Its a little to conservative for the type of diving i do but it keeps me safe.I have found that i do turn the computer on before each dive because i had some problems on repetative dives. The computer goes into sleep mode and after back rolling into the water it would turn on right away but it started the dive at ending dive tank pressure . It kept depth and time but when downdoaded it was all messed up. Talked with tech support about it and they advised me to turn on before hitting the water so it could read tank pressure. Never had anymore problems like that again. Just a goofy glich i guess. Anyway its a great computer enjoy it.

Thank you to you all for your valued comments.
I have been playing around with it and i can set the o2 quite easily now. I have checked on the downloaded programme what the settings are and ensured the comp comes on when i go down on the dive and various other things. I will be resetting the
o2 before each dive to ensure that is correct so it doesnt default to 50%. I do understand that you can download it all to the pc after the dive. But wanted to look at what we did while diving maybe straight after. then fill out my log so can get it done while still remembering what we did and saw down there.
I am going to the Red Sea in May we will be doing about 10 days worth of diving while there so getting close to the 25 dives to be stored on the comp. So it may be advisable to be able to get into and read all the stuff off a dive to make sure i dont fill it up.
I have been told before to start at page 75 and work from there so i need to do that as well.......:D:

Download to pc, print and log complete. If you want to add a pic to it you can and add comments about the dive as well. Alot more detailed log and easy. I use to wright in a log book untill i bought this computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom