VT3 deco madness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo53214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two identical VT3's with transmitters. My dive buddy and I did four dives at Lake Wazee this past weekend and we each used one of them. We ran through every screen pre-dive and all settings to make sure all parameters matched on both computers. We set both for air and 40% for deco gas. The first three dives went without a hitch. The only difference was mine consistently reads 2*F warmer than the one he used.

On the fourth dive my VT3 started flashing "E2" (elevation) while the other did not. We executed our dive as planned and did not get significantly concerned until our final decompression stop at ten feet. My buddy's computer cleared and mine read 57 minutes of remaining deco time. I used all of my 40% to the last breath and decided to surface because the reading could not possibly be correct. I am fine, but my VT3 flashed "E2" and scrolled through the log screens literally until the next day, and was completely useless.

I don't know if I should send it in to someone to be checked out, or if there is something I can do. I worry that they will "check" it and say they didn't find a problem and then I'll be back to not being able to trust it/use it.

Please advise!

Update: Did a 120 foot wreck dive with my buddy and our matching VT3's last night. Computer worked fine until we surfaced and I tried to check my log. Just scrolls continuously through all logs and cannot use any functions. Where can I send this for service??

On the fourth dive my VT3 started flashing "E2" (elevation) while the other did not. We executed our dive as planned and did not get significantly concerned until our final decompression stop at ten feet. My buddy's computer cleared and mine read 57 minutes of remaining deco time.

Please advise!

That will happen when the computer think it above 3000 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom