VT3 Buddy Transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segundo3000gt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've read through the manual and I want to make sure I understand the buddy pressure check correctly. Can anyone confirm that if my buddy and I have VT3 computers we can each input both our own and each other's transmitter ID to read both pressure readings? If I understand correctly I don't need two separate transmitters on my tank to go to my computer and to his computer.

I honestly don't understand a reason to do this. You have to be within 1 meter of you buddy, and at that point, you can just look! :D

You can not do buddy pressure checks if using more than one gas mixture, i.e., transmitter.

You only need one transmitter per tank to do a buddy check assuming you BOTH have wireless AI computers of the same manufacture.

Thanks for the reply Ron. I understand the limitations of the transmitter and that I'll need to be close to my buddy anyways. I just figure if we both have them we might as well use the feature instead of having to try to get each others attention.

Also, I think for the time being we'll both just be diving air. Possibly nitrox at some point.

All you need to do is in put your buddy's transmitter number in the Transmitter 2 spot. Underwater you may have to "search" for your buddy's transmitter with the push of a button. My buddy and I have ours set that way, mainly because my buddy can't hear the alarm going off all the time- but I can! I will always alert my buddy that the alarm is sounding, and can check myself if it is air consumption or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom