VT3 audible alarm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FireRescueFL

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious how it works and where the sound comes from. I bought my computer in 2007 and everything worked fine for approx 20 dives. I went to Paramedic school and that ate up a year and a half of my life and then my wife had a baby so it has been about two years since I've been in the water with my computer.

I replaced the battery in the computer and the transmitter and everything seems good except the audible alarm no longer functions. I naturally checked the settings and the AUD is set to ON. What could have caused this to happen? It worked fine before it went into storage in my closet (air conditioned) and everything else seems fine now. The warnings display on the screen and the red LED lights up, just no sound.

Do I need to send the unit back to Oceanic to be fixed or is this something that maybe the selling dealer can help me with?

Thanks in advance!

---Chris

I'd try an hour's soak in fresh, luke-warm, water. Dunno if the beeper is
in contact with the water, but a salt crystal could silence it. If it's not still
on warranty, I wouldn't pay money to fix it. You should have the situational
awareness to know what's about to happen.

There are two reasons I want it working. First, I'm a public safety diver so for all rescue trainings and many rescue/recoveries I am in zero visibility. So much so that you can't see a gauge directly in front of your face. I want it to alarm to monitor my ascent rate. I have a pretty good feel but I like redundancy. Secondly, I paid like $800 for the darn thing and I want it to work like it's designed to!

I will try the warm bath but all of my dives on this computer are in fresh water: lakes and springs. Thanks for your reply, Chuck.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the help. I can see I've come to the right place for people who are looking to boost their post count. Way to represent the board!

No need to be sensitive. It was only a joke. I don't think we get any prizes for post count.

Oceanic seems to be MIA here lately. They may be busy. You would be far better off by calling them.

You're in central Florida? I'll make sure I don't drown when I'm in Fort White or High Springs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom