VT Pro & VT3 share download adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAWalker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Do the VT Pro and VT3 use the same download adapter?
I just got a VT Pro that will not handshack with the adapter from my VT3.
It just times out.

No they do not. The new cable start the computer in PC countdown automatically I believe they are using a different chipset. The VT3 now comes with a different looking cable.

Thanx for the response NCadiver.
I'm glad to hear that it's a adapter problem and probably not the VT Pro I just acquired.
Too bad I now need to spend on another adapter.

This happened to me; I've got a VT3, my wife a VTPro, and I nearly went mad trying to get both to work with the same cable, as I'd somehow gotten the impression they shared one. Finally contacted Oceanic directly, bought the right cable for the VTPro, and now things work pretty well.

Richard.

From what I can tell it's something in the dive computers and the cables. If you have a Versa Pro or Pro Plus 2 and download them you will notice it is slower then the Veo, VT3 and the Datamask. Also the Veo series computer can use all three of the download cables.

Back
Top Bottom