VT Pro - Same Water Temps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_frog

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Even though I have been on ScubaBoard for a while. I never noticed this section.

I have a VT Pro that I purchased new a few years back. I don't do a lot of diving (maybe 10/yr), but I noticed that when I look at a dive's details, all the water temps are the same....the lowest. I am using a 15 sec sample rate but do not understand why the temps remain constant. I would have thought that the temp would correlate with the depth and time. Is there an upgrade to the computer's software that I need...is there a setting I missed...what am I missing here?

One thing I should also point out, is that I never bothered to check for updated Oceanlog software until today. All previous downloads were under version 1.0.4 (antique I know) :dork2:. I just installed version 2.2.0 Built 3.12.08. I was able to import the old backup into the new software without a problem...same result. Maybe this was just an issue with the software I was using and future downloads will be ok. I don't know.

Thanks for your time. Any help would be appreciated.

Clear proof that global warming is a hoax. An Oceanic computer would never lie. Actually I had the same problem. The newer software seems to solve the problem. However, it does not correct the problem for dives that were downloaded under the older software.

You could try re-downloading the dives that are still in your VT Pro
to see if it makes any difference.

--- bill

Thanks guys. Was hoping it was a software issue. Just thought that when I registered the unit, they would send you an e-mail advising that there was updated software available.....silly me.

Bill...that's a good idea. I have some confined water dives I don't usually download from when I helped out with an OW class. But then again, they were in a pool so temp should be constant. May just have to plan another dive in the near future to test out this theory.

Try creating another log and download your OW dives from your DC into that. If that works, You should see if it makes a difference.

Frank, you're a genius. It worked. Too much work to integrate the two manually. But now I know it works for the future. Thanks much.

The PC s/w looks at date/time for a match to see if a dive needs to be downloaded
from the dive computer. So if you want to re-download
a dive that is already in your logbook, you can either delete the dive,
or slightly alter the date/time (starting minute) of the dive in the logbook, so that the s/w will "think" the dive
still inside the dive computer is a dive that hasn't been downloaded yet and allow
you to re-download it. Once you re-download the dives, you can go back
and delete the original dive downloads.

--- bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom