Vt Pro And A Can Light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cardog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've had a VT Pro for a couple of years and have had no issiues with it. Last week I bought a new Niterider 13 watt hid light and now my transmitter is acting strange. It will read 000 psi unless I hold it next to the transmitter for about 10 seconds and then it gives me my psi for a few seconds before reverting back to 000...........

It sounds like the HID light is creating interference. When you turn the light off does the problem go away?

All wireless PDC transmitters transmit at a VERY low power. That is why they have a pretty short range and long battery life. The transmitted signal can easily be blanked by a strong electromagnetic field.

I didn't think about it until after my dive last night. The next time I go out I'll be bringing an spg and the can light and see if turning it off lets my VT Pro register. if not then it's off to E Bay for my computer. I'm not giving up my can light!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom