VRBO with good shore dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
good morning gang. We just got back from Bonaire ( Capt. Dons) in November. First time there, and loved it.
We’re already planning a return trip in May 2019, but we’re looking for a more VRBO type setup this one around. We prefer to cook our own meals , and have a little more peace and quiet than most “ resorts” offer.
I’d love to find a good option that had great shore diving in the “front yard”. Any suggestions?

Aqua View is next to Yellow submarine and has great shore diving. Close enough to walk to town but not too close. https://vrbo.com/1219460 ranked #1 on vrbo among Bonaire properties for reviews and response time.

Hamlet Oasis. Dive Friends is right there and the house reef is Cliff. It's a nice site and at night the tarpon make for a neat dive. It's easy to slip through town on back streets to hit the southern sites, and the northern sites are really close.

Hamlet Oasis is not waterfront,

Did yo like Don's area? Just to the north of their dock, those white waterfront villas are on vrbo. Most are 2-3 br with roof decks. Easiest to walk bacck to Don's or a short block north to Dive Friends to get wet there though - they're actually a little higher than the water so tjere's no easy access

Den Laman is nice as everything but the studio's is waterfront on Bari Reef. The Sand Dollar condo's are set a short walk back from it - entry there is only at their small beach to the south next to Den Laman.

BelMar condos in Belnem all have patios facing west - the only thing between them and the dive dock is the pool. It's on the Corporal Meiss site.

Nearby are a few houses with direct access in their back yards. Mostly 2-4 br though.

The Piet Boon properties are on the Punt ierkant dive site - they're upscale - 8 of them with private pools, ladders into the water. The Delphins Resort recently opened in the same area and you can use their amenities - I do not know how close it is though. Delphins was supposed to be constructing a dive dock.

Lighthouse condos are on Lighthouse Point but the rentals are mostly the back buildings by the pool, the ones on the water all privately owned afaik.

There's a few houses in Sabadeco that are oceanfront with access. Big and pricey though.

Besides vrbo/airbnb look at Sunbelt Realty vacation rentals also. Some listings duplicate on vrbo.

Imorin off topic but have to ask - are the prints over the bed Gyotaku? (Japanese fish printing, originally used to record and commemorate a fisherman’s catch, literally made by inking a fish & pressing into/on paper.) Your condo is lovely. My buddy was asking about VRBO/HomeAway options on Bonaire last night and this morning I come across this thread. I've marked your property for future options. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom