vr3 and 4th cell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idiot fish

Registered
Reaction score
Dear list,

I am thinking of getting a 4th cell wired to my vr3. I would like some feedback from those that have this combination on their YBOD with the ORIGINAL lid.

Does it work well? Is it a useful tool? How does it track?

Basicaly - is it worth getting?

Cheers

IMHO the fourth cell is definitely a big step to enhance security. A totally different computer (hard- and software) - now even if the normal electronic would fail completely, it would be possible to end the dive absolutely secure with manual injection of O2.)

I tend to have different readings (in the size of about 0.1 bar) but as long as these are in the 1.2 - 1.4 bar region, I don't mind to much.
Furthermore it's just nice to have the deco calculated according to your true pO2-profile.

Ralf

Tanguero once bubbled...
IMHO the fourth cell is definitely a big step to enhance security. A totally different computer (hard- and software) - now even if the normal electronic would fail completely, it would be possible to end the dive absolutely secure with manual injection of O2.)

Furthermore it's just nice to have the deco calculated according to your true pO2-profile.

Ralf

Both excellent points, Ralf!!!!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom